Wednesday, January 17, 2007

CTS

Now that another major event my life is about over (buying a new home), I've been able to focus my attention on tactics.

I've read that a number of knights have been using the tactics on CTS. I've read mixed reviews. I registered at CTS back in March, but I havn't used it much since then. The last couple of days I've been logging on and doing a 100 tactics at a time. I must say that I like it.

It took me a bit to get used to the format and the 3 second delay. But now that I'm used to it, I'm steadily improving. I like the delay it gives by showing what the previous move is.



I'm still trying to focus on CT-ART 3.0 (memorization). After I work on my chunk in CT-ART, I "relax" and do a 100 tactics on CTS. So far, I'm liking this routine. I'm getting the drilling and the variety and practice.

The Spring OCL tourney is coming up. I've signed up for it. I hope that I'll do better (shouldn't be too hard) than I did in the Winter OCL.

2 comments:

Montse said...

good to see you back

Edukator said...

I've tried CTS and can barely get a good read on the board before time expires. I look forward to the time it comes more easily...it is motivating to hear from more advanced players who see it as a benefit!